Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Killing Time (Not Studying)

1. How does the world see you?
Death Cab For Cutie "Crooked Teeth"
You're so cute when you're slurring your speech,
But they're closing the bar and they want us to leave.

Hmm...maybe not the image I want to project, even if it says I'm cute.

2.Will I have a happy life?
Carbon Leaf "Reunion Monticello"
We danced and drank the sun! It over flowed and washed the past away. We roamed! Echo! Laughter! Spirits danced a jig around their graves...
...Then came the rain.
I kind of like this actually. Dancing and drinking the sun sounds like a nice life to me.

3. What do my friends really think of me?
The White Stripes "A Martyr for My Love for You"
I could stay a while
/But sooner or later I'll break your smile
And I can tell a joke/But one of these days I'm bound to choke
And we could share a kiss/But I feel like I can't go through with this
And I bet we could build a home/But I know the right thing for me to do
Is to leave you alone
My friends and I have mutually destructive relationships and we should avoid each other? Even The White Stripes are against my friends.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
Josh Groban "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring"
Drawn by Thee, our souls aspiring

Soar to uncreated light
So...yes. In a kind of worshipful way. Eh, I'll take what I can get.

5. How can I make myself happy?
Freedy Johnston "Changed Your Mind"
Changed your mind/You decided maybe that
he wasn't your type
Getting over people that I'm not suited to? Who could possibly think that would make me happy? Ok fine, it's spot on. Score one for iTunes.

6. What should I do with my life?
Spirit of the West "Be Right"
There's still victories to be won/ if we all work as one
Work on the side of good and "be right". Kind of vague, but on the right path I guess.

7. Will I ever have children?
Dixie Chicks "Landslide"
But time makes you bolder/Children get older
I'm getting older too
I'm taking this as a yes. So yay, babies for Caroline!


8. What is some good advice for me?
The Beatles "I Should've Known Better"
Can't you see, can't you see?
That when I tell you that I love you, oh,
You're gonna say you love me too, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, oh,
Be open to love? People that love me are lovable, or I'm lovable to people that I love? Either way, it's good advice.

9. How will I be remembered?
Freedy Johnston "Moving on a Holiday"
Just another place left clean
Won't be dreaming here anymore
Empty shelves and lonely keys
Sounds so hollow when I shut the door
No one will remember me. They will shut the door on their memories of me. Bummer.

10. What is my signature dancing song?
Herman's Hermits "Listen People"
Take my advice and you'll always find
You'll be happy all of the time
Take my advice and you will see
You'll be happy as you can be
It's kind of slow, I don't know how fun it is to dance to. There are some fast bits though, and I guess I could just sort of...sway.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
Kinna Sohna "Gunjan "
I can't even find lyrics to this, it's from the "Bend it Like Beckham" soundtrack and I think in Bengali.
12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
The Beatles "Helter Skelter"
I will you won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer
My friends think I'm crazy and going to kill people? Maybe that's why we should avoid each other.

13. What song will play at my funeral?
The Beatles "I'll Follow the Sun"
One day you'll look to see I've gone
For tomorrow may rain,
so I'll follow the sun
That's pretty appropriate actually.

14 What type of men do I like?
The Backstreet Boys "No One Else Comes Close"
But girl you know that I would never
Ever let anothers touch, come between
The two of us
cause no one else will ever take your place
Sappy romantic, devoted men? Nice.

15. What is my day going to be like?
Pocahontas "Just Around the River Bend"
I look once more
Just around the riverbend
Beyond the shore
Somewhere past the sea
Don't know what for ...
Cool. A day filled with potential.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I love this game.

Greg said...

Do your homework.

Lily said...

psh, way to be a spoilsport.