Friday, April 25, 2008

Breakfast

I don't like eating breakfast with people. On the weekends the dining halls don't open until 11, and I have time to wake up and get my head straight before I go, so I can be sociable at brunch. Weekdays however, are a totally different matter. I'm thinking about getting to class, and I don't want to be bothered. It isn't usually a problem, but today Logic Boy straight accosted me at breakfast and ruined my bagel eating experience. I'm getting sick of the awkwardness, and I do not have the emotional energy required to hold another loser guy's hand while he works through his issues,despite the fact that no one understands him the way I do. If these people hold it for like ten years, they can come and pay me, and I'll listen to every complaint they throw at me. Right now though, I'm 19, and I can't take on other people's problems. Finals are coming up, and my personal life is stressing me out enough as it is. I do not need some random guy telling me I'm beautiful, and acting like he is my boyfriend, flipping out when I let a day go by before responding to his facebook messages. Messages. As in more than one. He doesn't get to be that needy. Before I was shallow, but now his personality turns me off too. I can't get lunch at the Union, or breakfast at MJ because he knows my schedule and doesn't seem to understand that an iPod or newspaper are the equivalents of Do Not Disturb signs. He's messing up my routine, and I don't have that much wiggle room! I'm already unable to go to the library cafe for breakfast Tuesdays or Thursdays, or lunch Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays cuz that's when Goose is there. When and where am I supposed to eat?? I hate boys! The only solution is to live in my room, emerging only to go to class. I can't even go to the gym without seeing someone I'd rather not. Why are college guys so regimented? Shouldn't they be wild and unpredictable?
This year cannot end soon enough.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Hang in there and try to think of them as future clients instead of the pains they are now. Maybe you could carry a timer and when it goes off, hand them a bill or just have business cards made up with an address where you may or may not have your office one day. Soon you will be in Amsterdam where, even if loser boys try to bore you with their problems, you won't understand a word they are saying. "Blah blah blah blah Caroline blah blah Caroline blah blah."

Caroline said...

that's how i hear things now. "blah caroline blah blah pretty blah blah blah cookie."

Lily said...

advice gleaned from a hard & awkward experience: if you tell him you're not into him, he'll probably leave you alone.
look on the bright side. at least he's not asking you out and badgering you during the Day of Silence; then, you wouldn't be able to even tell him to go away.

Emily said...

Oh man, I remember the Day of Silence! Good times, good times.

Lily said...

not when people are asking you out.

Greg said...

Tell him you've vowed not to date anyone under 25.