Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Adirondack Adventure Paper

I have now written this paper twice. I wrote it at home and almost all of it was deleted (maybe people shouldn't close windows that I leave open LCA). I wrote it on a school computer and it was deleted. The third time had better stick or I'll just take a zero. I killed two hours today writing this stupid thing only to have it disappear, I don't have time to write and rewrite. My professor was telling us today that people tend to put papers off until they get a mythological five free hours. I don't have five free hours. I could make time to write it in different sittings if I had a computer that would save my work, but I don't. This means my paper is going to be written Thursday night and mailed Friday morning, the last possible day it can be mailed. You could say I was procrastinating, but even though this is true, it has been a team effort to make this a frustrating, infuriating ordeal with the end result of a crappy paper. I would like to thank all the little people who put off ordering my computer until two days before I moved in, and who closed documents that don't belong to them. I couldn't have gotten where I am without you.

2 comments:

Greg said...

What, you've got to submit it as a .rtf?

Pfft. Click 'Save' or get a typewriter.

Hah!

Bill said...

Computer froze, and I rebooted. Maybe you should save your work before leaving it; certainly you should apologize to LCA, who is not at fault this time.